Guest Post by Carly Evans, Land of Rugs
Babies and toddlers love crawling and rolling about on rugs, but not all rugs are equal.There is a lot of choice on the market, but here are some tips:
- Choose a hard wearing rug
- Keep in mind the practicalities, such as keeping it clean
- Comfort is the top priority, avoid rough materials
- Avoid anything that might irritate like chemicals, finishes and toxins, particularly on play rugs
- Aim to buy something that matches their personality (they can help you with this!)
Children are prone to making a mess, so getting a hard wearing rug is probably the right choice your child’s bedroom: rugs should be of a kind that can be easily cleaned. We would recommend wool, as wool is both hard-wearing, and very washable, but polypropelene is also a good option.
Go HERE to download an easy guide for buying rugs.
Carly Evans is part of the content & community team at LandofRugs.com. Carly is obsessed with interior design trends and how new technology influences design.